Wednesday 31 October 2012

Williams sisters in Johannesburg

Serena and Venus Williams will be in the country this November to promote women's rights through their Breaking Mould campaign.  They will play two exhibition matches, one in Nigeria and one in Johannesburg's Ellis park indoor arena.

I am a big Serana Williams fan, I love her powerhouse tennis persona and her super atheletic body.

The breaking Mould initiative said the two tenis stars trip to Africa is aimed at promoting "the role that women play in shifting perceptions and encouraging development at all levels across the African continent,"
Girl power!

I am going to the match; I just could not let the chance to watch world class tennis in my back yard pass me by. See you there if you are going or you can watch the match at home, SABC3 will be broadcasting it live.
The Johannesburg match is on Sarturday the 3rd at 13:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. All your comments are welcome and appreciated. Leave a link to your blog or website and I'll be sure to visit.
Laters.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...