Saturday 8 December 2012

Gifts for under R200

My crazy friends and I had the ridiculous idea of getting each other gifts of  not more than R200 this year, that is a little over US $20. Crazy as it was I loved this idea, the low budget would force us to be inventive and a lot more consideration would go into the gift..which would give it even more meaning. Once I started looking for the gifts I quickly realized the nightmare I was faced with. But I never back away from a challenge and in the end I was pretty happy with what I found for my friends. The even harder part was willing myself into not keeping everything for myself *hides face*

Gift one: Who doesn't like a party top?





This wonderful embroidered top is too cute for words, and as previously mentioned I kind of wanted it for myself.. It's from Forever New and it was on sale at R175. Score!
I think this top is so versatile, it can be worn with jeans for both a casual and a semi casual night look. It would also work with a flared skirt and a blazer or tailored high waist shorts.


Gift two: All wrapped up in gorgeousness..




This scarf is just amazingly fabulous...I couldn't resist also buying one for myself..
It's colorful and silky and can be worn in soo many ways. Weather worn around your neck as a scarf or as head wrap this scarf is sure to impress. The friend I bought this scarf for is a little conservative when it comes to print and color..she prefers simple and less noisy...this scarf is the opposite of that, the perfect little way to nudge her ever so slightly away from her comfort zone.
The scarf is also from Forever New..retailing at R195..awesome price!

Gift three: Bag it!






If your are buying a gift for under R200 you must surely go to Mr Price..so I did and I was not disappointed.
I got this vintage look bag for R79, I was shocked out of my socks and also very happy about that number. If this was not the last one I would have also gotten myself one. It's soo lady like and so stylish, perfect for a lunch out or a night out. It can be carried as a clutch or as a bag. I love the neon Pink that is showing through the cut outs.
Because this gift was so dead cheap, I still had a budget left to buy something else...I found the cutest phone cover at Forever New. It was also on sale for R60, I just couldn't resist the girlylook of this pouch..too cute.

This just proves you don't need to spend a lot to show the people you love that you care and appreciate them. 

12 comments:

  1. awesome :)
    lovely blog.
    Following your blog. follower#49

    hope you will visit & follow my blog.
    http://beautydrugs.blogspot.com/
    International Giveaway
    http://beautydrugs.blogspot.com/2012/11/international-giveaway-one-pair-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I've found your blog and I really like it! Glad to meet you!
    I'm following you right now, hope you will do same!
    Have a fabulous time!

    Best wishes, Alexandra
    www.svetusvet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great selection! Lucky friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the Bag! :)

    You got a great Blog.


    Maybe you would like to follow each other?
    Just let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. really great items:)) love the top! thank you so much for your comment dear:)) keep in touch:)) happy week!

    Leonor
    thesparklinglemon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thansk 4 your comment dear.
    Would u like to follow each other?
    kisses,
    http://keepitstylishandsexy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post ♥

    Lots of LOVE,

    Nico

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. All your comments are welcome and appreciated. Leave a link to your blog or website and I'll be sure to visit.
Laters.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...