Monday 10 December 2012

THE MAXI SKIRT

This floor length maxi skirt is actually a dress from Witchery. It works a lot better as a skirt, even though styling it is a bit challenging due to its bright printed nature. What I love most about this skirt/dress is the flowiness and lightness of the fabric making it perfect for hot summer days. I wore this outfit to an outdoor lunch; the cotton felt breathable and the fabric was not sticking to my body.

I decided to style the skirt with more prints...going for a print on print look. I knew it was a risky move; usually you would want to tone down a printed piece with a mono colored piece.  

The bra top is one of my favorite trends, it allows you to show off a little bit of flesh without feeling too exposed.  The playfull, almost tribal yellow pattern is what attracted to this bratop. I added a beaded neck piece to complete the look. I love beaded statement neck pieces. I felt the tibal feel brought my the beads would complement the tribal print on the top.

I guess this look is not your typical laid back maxi dress look at all; it's a little hard working, a little complex but it really felt comfortable..which is essential for any look.














About the outfit:
-Dress worn as a skirt- Witchery @ Stuttafords
- Bra top- Kumaro @ Mr Price
- Beaded Neck piece- Lovisa
- Sunnies- Free from ElleSA Magazine December edition






17 comments:

  1. Wow! Amazing colors you choices - love it*

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your maxi skirt!!! so pretty!

    Kisses, Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great skirt xxx
    www.islandchic77.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blog ♥

    Do you wanna follow each other? ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. great photos, I love this print on print style!
    you look adorable!
    thank you for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment!
    kisses
    http://styleglaze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cool mix! Great necklace!
    would you like to follow each other?
    xoxo E

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning outfit!! I love the pattern of your skirt as well as the patter of your top! The combination is just perfect!! Wow!

    Hope you visit me on my blog
    fashionobsession-mieni.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely and the top si awesome :)

    Many kisses,

    Nicole

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
  9. great look dear! Love your skirt - amazing!



    http://eva-style.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This look is perfection. I love the skirt and this great colors.

    XX,
    Jenny
    www.curvy-life.com

    PS.: Great blog. Maybe we could follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous ensemble hun. I LOVE prints, especially clashing prints. x

    ohsewfashion.com // @ohsewfashion

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. All your comments are welcome and appreciated. Leave a link to your blog or website and I'll be sure to visit.
Laters.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...