Monday 4 February 2013

My hair right now!

This post has been inspired by fellow blogger and hair lover Tendayi from http://www.africanhairblog.com
Tendayi is a lady who is passionate about taking care of hair, nourishing it and creating a fertile environment for it to grow and flourish. After much reading up on her blog about how I should be taking care of my hair and all the don'ts that I'm currently doing, I silently made a promise to from there on be gentler and caring of my hair.

What I have been doing:
- I have been treating weekly, I mostly do this at home with a deep conditioning treatment from Organic; every two weeks I do this treatment at the salon.
- I air dry my hair with rollers, so I don't have to use a straightening iron or a blow dryer which can lead to thinning of hair strands.
- No micro braids for me; when I braid my hair I ensure the braids are not too thin because this could lead to hair loss on the hair line.
- I moisturize every night before bed both my scalp and the hair, I don't like to do this in the morning because the hair may be too oily.

My hair right now:
My hair was texlaxed three weeks ago; texlaxing is a form of relaxing that doesn't straighten the hair too much, it leaves it manageable and not bone straight.
I then did what is called dry curl; to achieve this you put perm rollers on wet hair and sit under the dryer for an hour.
The result is bouncy curls that look like an afro without the the stiffness and dryness of an afro. I plan to do these curls myself next time after conditioning at home, I'll put them on before bed so that they dry overnight and I will not need to use a dryer. First I need to find the perm curlers..I have no idea where to buy them.
I'm really enjoying these curls, I feel like I'm channeling a young and innocent MJ ..bonus (:


Immediately after the curls were done..



Two days after the curls were done..


To learn more about easy ways to take care of your natural hair at home, you must visit Tendayi's blog.
I hope you enjoyed the post, visit again soon.









10 comments:

  1. You are amazingly beautiful ! Great pictures as well!
    Have a fabulous time!

    Best wishes, Alexandra
    www.svetusvet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great hair style:) keep in touch dear!

    Leonor
    thesparklinglemon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the curls


    http://www.makeupandallthingsnice.blogspot.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you pull off this hair style and curls really well, love it and it's easy breezy!! :D So glad I clicked on your comment that led me back to your blog, your posts' contents are info and image juicy so expect to be seeing some regular comments from me. I've just bought a new pair of SS13 CĂ©line loafers in hopes to provoke in minimalism, I'd say it's still quite provoking, do tell what you think on my investment on these new hooves lol ;)

    xx The Provoker
    http://www.the-provoker.com/2013/02/new-hooves.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you so much for your comment dear:)) keep in touch:)) happy weekend! I have a new post now and would love to know your opinion on it!!

    Leonor
    thesparklinglemon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair looks amazing! It really seems to be so bouncy and soft - it sounds like a lot of work, but obviously is worth it :)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  7. U look so lovely. That necklace is awesome :)

    Happy Valentine's Day ♥

    Nicole

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. All your comments are welcome and appreciated. Leave a link to your blog or website and I'll be sure to visit.
Laters.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...