Wednesday 26 June 2013

The Stylista launch and Luminance Pop up shop

Dear fabulous readers, I have been MIA for a little bit. I promise its been for a good course. I am learning to sew,make patterns and other general dress making skills. I have always wanted to make my own clothes and I am so excited to finally be learning. I'll update you on later posts on my progress.

For now I want to chat about the fabulous happenings of yesterday night. You may have heard about the new South African street style website called The Stylista. Last night The Stylista was being officially launched; fashionisitas everywhere can now register for an account and start sharing their style. I was one of the bloggers who were asked to be part of the The Stylista demo website, it is so exciting to now see the site fully fledged and working beautifully.  All the beautiful stylish people were at the opening together with some of my favorite bloggers.

After the Stylista launch, It was off to the Luminance pop up store in Hyde Park corner. Grazia SA was holding a readers shopping experience at the pop up store. Daniella went through the trends and the shoppers received a 20% discount on all shoes and selected clothing. Cocktails, macaroons, sushi and a brief love affair with a Alexander McQueen gold scull umbrella later I was ready to call it a Tuesday night.

What I wore: I wore my current favorite shirt from Jo Borkett; someone at work told me I look great in my Madiba shirt..lol..Not exactly what I was going for..I paired the eeeerrrrh ..Madiba shirt with a high waist skirt and a jacket with shades of tweed and leather.



 Blogger and Stylist Jerry




Blogger and Stylist: Ntithi


Grazia/ Luminance event

Grazia SA editor Danielle



4 comments:

  1. This looks like a great event! Your outfit was gorgeous. I love that print!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you look, very trendy:)
    I am your follower, dear:)
    Kisses
    http://fashionsecrets-oksana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow MissB, looks like you had a fab time - I love Jerry and TeeTee: would have loved to meet them and you in person - your outfit is smashin as always - the mix of prints is insane: love love it!!! I am also learning to sew but don't have enough time to really explore .. already have tried making a skirt, its a disaster for now - lol ... goodluck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sweety, this looks like a fabulous event! I hadn't heard about the website before, thanks for sharing. You look stunning, love your savvy mix of prints, it such a chic winter look!Thanks for taking the time to stop by, your thoughts are always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. All your comments are welcome and appreciated. Leave a link to your blog or website and I'll be sure to visit.
Laters.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...