Saturday 8 June 2013

Mbhaco and Turban











































































These are  the last pictures from my fabulous urban photo shoot...so sad. Soon I'll be back to my usual self portraits and photos taken by my reluctant photographer who is also my fiance.

The concept of the look was traditional glamour. Taking a Xhosa traditional skirt (Mbhaco) and glitzing it up with pearls and sequins. An integral part of the traditional Xhosa women's gear is a huge head wrap; instead of that I opted for the lighter, easier to wear turban. These photos, like the yellow dress pics were taken at the Maboneng precinct in the city center.
I hope you enjoyed the photos curtesy of my talented photographer friend Portia. Visit her blog Picture Splendour for more amazing art work.

About the look| Mbhaco|Couture by Mzansi designs Emporium |Sequin top| Jo Borkett| Turban| HVC

Photographer| Portia Ntuli
Styling| Busi Mgoboli

16 comments:

  1. Hi babe, how are you? Love how mixed something like this beautiful traditional skirt with a s glitzy top and fabulous turban! Please do a tutorial on how to tie one. You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the turban and the sequin top!!! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ..Thanks for sharing your fashion opinions with me...May this week be a great one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look lovely dear, as always. And speaking of reluctant photographers...lol
    My husband was also reluctant to take my photos, so I decided to get myself a tripod and wireless remote.

    Believe it or not, the photos I took for my Pretty Pregnant series are taken by me using the remote, well except the very first one that my hubby was so reluctant to shoot.

    In short, getting a tripod and a remote might help you in the long run.

    This is the link to those self-portraits :

    http://lovedilo.blogspot.com/search/label/Pretty%20Pregnant

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice;)
    i have giveaway:) http://like--rose.blogspot.com/2013/05/mam-dla-was-rozdanie-od-persunmall-from.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lovlee, thanks for your wonderful words over at mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is very sad that this post is the last of urban photo shoot, was really getting used to these posts....am so happy that you are showing off our tribe's traditional skirt. Girl this is wonderful - the skirt sits well on you and the entire outfit is awesome. You really represented MissB... cheers gal :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg!! you look so pretty in this look! love the turbant :)

    http://alovelystyle.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are absolutely stunning! These photos capture your natural beauty in a wonderful way, and your outfit is fabulous, particularly the turban :)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning! Great skirt and top.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Outfit" Love it

    Love Storm

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice skirt! This look is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love you skirt, very trendy!!!
    Beautiful pictures!

    If you want, we can follow each other. Kisses
    http://fashionsecrets-oksana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely! would you like to follow each other in google+? let me know :) http://xxxloveisbeautyxxx.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. All your comments are welcome and appreciated. Leave a link to your blog or website and I'll be sure to visit.
Laters.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...