Sunday 28 October 2012

JHB FASHION WEEK AFRICA 2012

The Johannesburg fashion week comes to a close this Sunday. On Saturday I saw the Loin Cloth and Ashes  and Thula Sindi shows.

The Loin Cloth and Ashes's collection was full of romantic whites and the usual African prints we have come to expect. Anisa collaborated with DJ Anele Mdoda; they wanted to create a collection that was feminine and had an adventurous soul.

Thula Sindi's show delivered as expected. Lady like glamour, with flowy skirts, peplum tops and cliched at the waist dresses. As usual his clothes are practical and wearable. Thula seems to be having a love affair with leather; some of his clothes have pieces of leather in them and he closed his show with all the models wearing leather jackets. I'll post photos soon.

What I took from the shows is that prints are here to stay; whether animal or African, dresses and skirts continue to rule..short long or midi. Loin cloth also showed some one piece jumpsuits. 
Tis the season of the lady!

While I was having lunch waiting for the Loin Cloth and Ashes show to start, I noticed the Satorialist sitting across from me  also having lunch and taking a breather between shows.

What I wore:
Skirt- Loin Cloth and Ashes
Jersey - Forever new
Neck piece- Zara
Shoes- Aldo
Sling Bag- Woolies







The Satorialist and I




9 comments:

  1. you have a beautiful style!! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a beutyfull women!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bel look , fresco e colorato. ;)

    NEW follower
    Chocolate Rose Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your style! It is very colourful and "happy" :) OF course, I will follow and I hope you too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey you met the Satorialist, awesome!!! Honestly, I had no idea who he was until you blogged about him, now I'm following his blog.
    Lovely as always and I really love your outfit here, especially the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey huny..he was sitting across from me at Tashas..in a classic groupie moment I interrupted. He's so cool. His blog is just fab.

      Delete
  6. You look stunning. You have great style :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. All your comments are welcome and appreciated. Leave a link to your blog or website and I'll be sure to visit.
Laters.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...