Saturday 29 October 2011

HATS OFF..TO THE TURBAN

Fashion is drawn to strange, avant-garde and daring, so it’s no wonder the turban is a fashion hit. The turban is a hot little number that is bound to add a touch of class and a dash of vintage to your everyday look. Like most I had my reservations about this headgear. This trend has picked up much momentum and popularity since its debut two seasons ago, raising its stylish head from the 70s.

The turban is not the head gear to wear when you are having a bad hair day or when you are trying to be incognito. This Middle Eastern inspired head scarf will ensure you own the room so be ready to turn heads. Like most risky fashion items; confidence and commitment are cardinal. This is neither a political nor a religious statement; fashion has been inspired by the orient.

The turban is old school glamour, and it will go with most things in your wardrobe. Hold your head up and rock this do. You can get an already made up turban that slips on like a cap or you can start from scratch using a scarf that’s already in your closet with the help of the tens of instructional videos on you tube. 

Be bold, be trendy, try the turban.

4 comments:

  1. The turban,
    I'm not sure how I feel about this fashion item? Some how I associate it with this particular gogo at my church. I'm not sure how many that woman own but every Sunday she has one that matches her outfit for the day...lol
    I then made it my mission to see how many grannies I can spot at church on Sunday rocking the turban and guess what? I spotted about 5 ladies in their 60's rocking it,I am not a hat lady therefore,I think ill leave the turban to the old ladies at my church...lol
    XOXO... lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your comment lee. Some say fashion is recycling, if you think about it we keep going back in time and reinventing the fashion items of previous eras. My grandmother also has a turban; it fascinates how two women with 40 years separating them can be brought together by a simple turban.. I urge you to rock it one of these Sundays; remember newer is not necessary better. Those seniors can teach us a thing or two. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been a head gear person, I only put a duke on when sleeping
    The turban is indeed trendy but I also associate it with those stylish Magogo @ church and I must say they really know how to rock them

    Moving on with the times or rather should I say going back into time really brings and adds
    that touch of glam in our everyday look so I think I am going to try out the turban but I am afraid if its not working I have to let go

    AC

    ReplyDelete
  4. All you can do is try AC. Make no mistake, fashion is about taking un-calculated risks; one outfit works, the other does not.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. All your comments are welcome and appreciated. Leave a link to your blog or website and I'll be sure to visit.
Laters.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...