Saturday 24 November 2012

Head On..

Picking what to wear is my favorite part of the day; this is the one time I can really be creative. My personal style has grow a lot over the years; I now no longer feel the need to follow every trend, I also now have a lot more faith in my instincts and I am not afraid to take a risk..I may get it wrong but I love dressing on my own terms. I have resolved to take a trend that I like and really make it my own. 

Before I even go to my closet to look for what to wear, I start with one piece that I know I want to wear that day. It could be shoes or a dress; I then build the rest of the outfit from there. 
In this case I built this look from this recently acquired scarf from Forever New.. My thought process was that I wanted this wonderful scarf to be the focal point and I wanted the rest of the pieces to complement rather than outshine or compete with the scarf. 

I thought this sheer navy top would make the perfect background, so that the blue jeans and the scarf work in harmony. 
The brown stacked heel gives a great balance to this look. The shoes are from Aldo and they work pretty much with anything.

I hope the look inspires you. 

























About the outfit:
- Shoes- Aldo
- Jeans- Woolies
- Top- Vero Moda
- Belt- Mr Price
- Scarf worn as turban- Forever New

20 comments:

  1. you look great, color of ur jeans suits you so much.
    http://rock4less.blogspot.co.uk/
    i am following you, hope you do follow back. cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great look! love the bac:) would you like to follow each other on GFC, facebook and bloglovin?? let me know dear:)) also, I have a new post now and would love to know your opinion on it!!

    Leonor
    thesparklinglemon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm totally inspired! you look stunning!
    http://clothes-lovers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely outfit :)
    I just came across your blog and I like it!
    Check out my blog
    http://itsthefashionfederation.blogspot.co.uk

    -Shanice from The Fashion Federation xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning as always, I love how you can put together really great looks effortlessly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the additional of traditional accent pieces to this very modern look. Your blouse and belt are gorgeous!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great look.The blue looks really good and fits you so wel.Love the shoes and your bright toe nails.Well done :)
    Wanna follow each other?
    Melodylouise
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this look. Very chic and African modern

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this look!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. All your comments are welcome and appreciated. Leave a link to your blog or website and I'll be sure to visit.
Laters.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...